RusAutoNews.Com – Isuzu Rus, the government of Ulyanovsk Region and Simaz have signed a memorandum of understanding, proposing bus production on Isuzu chassis.
According to the conditions of the memorandum, the production of class 2 and 3 M3 category buses will start in the region (small class urban and intercity buses), on the chassis of Isuzu NQR90LK vehicles.
The buses will be assembled at the production facilities of Simaz in Ulyanovsk, using the components of the enterprise.
500 buses are planned to be manufactured within the first 12 months and the start of sales is planned for the end of 2017 or the beginning of 2018. The buses will be distributed to the dealer networks of both companies.
74% of Isuzu Rus belongs to Japanese Isuzu Motors Limited and the remaining 26% to Sojitz Corporation, which manufactures Isuzu commercial vehicles with gross weights between 3.5 and 33 tonnes in Ulyanovsk.